The University of the District of Columbia is seeking MLIS students!
The ideal candidate:
– has a passion for helping people and unfaltering patience
– is able to offer technical assistance to students (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Web, Blackboard and copying and printing support)
– can juggle multiple responsibilities at a time
– loves learning and helping others learn
– takes initiative and is not afraid to ask questions
Our student population is diverse in every sense of the word and the library combines elements of a university library, a community college library, and even a public library. The practicum student must commit to 8-10 hours a week. The student will staff the reference desk, and take on a project for the duration of the semester. Projects can be related to instruction, the library website, online instruction tools, assessment, collection management, or another area of interest in academic libraries. As a small library, we have many opportunities, and the project can related to a particular area of interest for the student.
The hours can take place anytime between the hours of 9am and 10pm Monday-Friday and 9am to 5pm on Saturday. (Note: Students cannot complete the entirety of their field study on Saturdays).
Please email email@example.com with your resume and areas of interest.
Learning Resources Division
4200 Connecticut Ave. NW
Building 39, Level B
Washington, DC 20008