ASRC Federal Mission Services, a subsidiary of ASRC Federal Holding Company, is seeking a Trademark Librarian in Alexandria, VA to support our on-going programs with the US Patent and Trademark Office. This is a great opportunity for a recent Library Science graduate!
- Under the direction of the Director and Senior Librarian, plans, organizes, and coordinates work activities involved in obtaining and making library resources available to the trademark attorneys and other customers.
- Primary duties for this position are reference assistance and research using a wide range of materials.
- Perform research using on-line search techniques, automated tools, print material, and other resources as necessary.
- Analyze search requests, interviews requesters when needed, develops search strategies, and reviews and provides search results.
- Provide information and updates for content of library web pages and make recommendations for collection development.
- Assist with updating and maintaining both physical and electronic collections.
- Occasionally performs cataloging of new materials and management of serials
- Follow guidelines for the security of library collections and equipment.
- Assist in user training efforts and in the development of documentation for new staff and USPTO employees.
- Assist with marketing efforts for promoting the library and its available resources.
- Process requests for full text literature from internal and external resources.
- Assist with compilation of library statistics.
- Works independently under overall project objectives and requirements.
- Apprise supervisor about progress and unusual complications.
- Masters in Library Science; new MLS grads encouraged to apply; 3 years of library experience preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and provide superior reference services in a timely manner.
- Creativity and tenacity in performing research in a wide range of subject areas and with a variety of resources to support the research of trademark attorneys.
- Expertise in searching one or more major on-line commercial vendors (ProQuest and Lexis/Nexis) and expertise in searching the Internet.
- Experience in using Microsoft Office Tools and familiarity with collaborative web tools such as SharePoint, Wikis, etc.