LAC Group is seeking an experienced Cataloger to work on a project with a national library in Washington, DC. Candidates must be familiar with AACR2 and RDA standards for serials. The ability to balance quantity and quality, with close attention to detail, is a core part of the role. This is a full-time position projected to continue for 3 months and must be performed on-site.
- Perform complex original and copy cataloging of serials to facilitate their identification, access, and use.
- Interpret and apply Library of Congress Classification, Subject Headings, AACR2, RDA, OCLC online help and other materials as needed in cataloging and classifying library materials.
- Import finalized MARC records from OCLC Connexion into Horizon ILS
- MLS from an ALA-accredited institution.
- Must have 3-5 years of cataloging and copy cataloging experience.
- Must have experience with AACR2, RDA, Library of Congress Subject Headings, and Library of Congress Classification.
- Strong teamwork, communication and collaboration skills
- Examples of prior cataloging work will be requested as part of the screening process
To apply, please visit: https://lac.gp/2XKQ1Uc