Assists with managing the day-to-day operations of the Media/Technology Services Desk and the collections of instructional technologies and AV equipment available for loan. Manages the Media/Technology Services student staff, including hiring, scheduling, training, coaching, evaluating, organizing and delegating daily work. The incumbent is responsible for completing part time payroll and tracking part time budget expenditures. The incumbent collaborates with the Media/Technology Services Manager and the Media Services Specialist to ensure successful operations of a combined services desk. Helps coordinate the large format and poster printing service, the 3-D printing service, and public scanning services. Assists with managing the library’s Makerspace collection and engages in technical troubleshooting for supported equipment. The incumbent also develops technology-related resource guides and instructional programming for the Media/Technology Services and the Makerspace. Maintains content for a portion of the library’s website dedicated to loaned equipment. In addition, this position works with the Library Systems Administrator to provide technical support to the Access Services Division on integrated library systems. This position responds directly to user-generated inquiries by utilizing email, chat and telephone.
Hiring, training, supervising, coaching a part time student staff of 15.
Schedule includes weekend and evening hours.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Required Education and Experience
2-4 years of relevant experience
Preferred Education and Experience
3-5 years of relevant experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Basic computing/web editing skills required.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communications skills.
- Accuracy to attention and detail essential.
- Ability to recognize and resolve problems.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision after initial training.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing.
- Experience with laptops and technological equipment highly desirable.
- Prior experience troubleshooting technology or working with 3D printing is highly desired.
- Prior experience working with consumer-level audio/visual equipment is desired.
- Conflict resolution experience preferred.
- Experience working with a contemporary integrated library system preferred.
- Hiring offers for this position are contingent on the successful completion of a background check
Current American University Employees:
If you are a current full-time or part-time staff member at American University, please log into AsuccessfulU through the myAU portal. Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which will take you to our internal career page.
For more information or assistance with the American University careers site, email firstname.lastname@example.org.