The Loyola Notre Dame Library (LNDL) seeks an energetic, service-oriented person to join our Technology Services unit. The successful candidate is a creative problem solver with excellent customer service skills who enable the growth and success of the Library’s digitization efforts, actively participates in Technology Services initiatives, and trains student workers.
- Works with both digital born objects and physical materials to produce high quality digital objects in a variety of formats under the supervision of the Technology Librarian.
- Facilitates access to digitized content using appropriate software according to national and international standards and best practices.
- Maintains current awareness, familiarity, and skill with technology, software, and systems used in providing access to digital resources like e-reserves, digitized archival materials and streaming video.
- Supports faculty digital scholarship initiatives in an efficient and courteous manner.
- Communicates with students, faculty, staff, and vendors as needed in a timely manner to provide access to digital resources.
- Trains and supervises the work of Technology Services student assistant(s) in collaboration with other unit staff.
- Assists the Technology Librarian in recommending, formulating, and implementing policies and workflows to continuously improve services for Library users.
- Maintains up-to-date documentation of workflows.
- Supports Makerspace and Information Commons technology.
- Provide assistance to the Digital Technology / Web Supervisor in the area of disability support.
- Assists in the collection and recording of Technology Services statistics. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service
- Demonstrated attention to detail, accuracy, and capacity to prioritize and carry out tasks in a fast paced environment in a timely manner with minimal direction
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with personal computers, Microsoft Office applications, the Web, and other productivity software
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds and move and unpack boxes with or without accommodation
- Experience digitizing resources in an academic library, museum, or archive
- Familiarity with systems like Moodle, Preservica, Ensemble Video, and ContentDM or other digital asset management systems
- Familiarity with web authoring tools like Drupal, WordPress, or others.
- Familiarity with copyright and intellectual property issues
Review of applications will begin immediately and the position will remain open until filled. Please submit electronically a resume, cover letter, and a list of three (3) work-related references with “Technology Resources Assistant” in the subject line to Lorena Dion, Administrative Operations Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org.