Administrative Offices – Towson MD
24 Hours Per week Monday-Friday
At BCPL, staff members have the opportunity to enrich individual lives and build strong communities by delivering exceptional customer experiences, establishing meaningful partnerships, and creating innovative learning spaces. We seek enthusiastic, open-minded, self-motivated individuals who can work well independently and with others. BCPL circulates over 11 million items and provides library services through its 19 branches, 4 mobile library vehicles, and an extensive outreach network. If you are forward thinking and passionate about public service, consider joining BCPL as a part-time Technology Assistant-Virtual and Media Services.
- Helps the department and library system plan and implement emerging technology and maker services.
- Maintains and fixes emerging and maker technology gear, including 3D printers, Virtual Reality gear, 3D design software, soldering stations, etc.
- Provides key support to the Library’s emerging and maker technology programs, both by training and working with staff and the public, and by providing solutions to technical challenges.
- Identifies emerging technology trends and solutions and presents them to the Virtual Services Coordinator.
- Troubleshoots the Library’s virtual service platforms and provides solutions to internal and external customers.
- Answers virtual reference questions as needed in the department.
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be proficient in the use of contemporary and collaborative office software such as Office 365, Google Drive, Dropbox, Box, Slack, or similar.
- Must have experience working with 3D printers and a variety of 3D design software platforms.
- Must have some coding experience and the ability to write scripts to solve common makerspace technology problems.
- Must have experience with Mac OS, Windows 10 and Linux operating platforms.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Access and Excel.
- Must be able to work occasional evening and weekend hours.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Physical ability to move throughout the building, lift up to 40 lbs. and push/pull a wheeled cart weighing up to 100 lbs., stand on ladders and bend to the floor to reach items to fix.
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to travel between all library branches and the Administrative Offices.
- Must pass a post offer criminal background check.
Hourly Salary: $11.39-$15.32, commensurate with experience.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and attach two documents: 1) a completed BCPL employment application which you can find on our website www.bcpl.jobs and 2) your cover letter and resume as one PDF document. Include your last name in the title of the documents. Indicate the job title Technology Assistant: Virtual and Media Services in the subject line of your email.
Documents must be received no later than March 14, 2018.
Vacancy #: 2018-94