The National Library of Medicine is recruiting six technical information specialists. We invite applications from individuals with diverse education and experience, including genomic and biomedical sciences, health services research and policy, public health, data management and information sciences.
Applications for these GS 9-12 positions will be accepted from July 19-23, 2018. The short posting time reflects the government’s effort to hire talented people quickly.
In these positions you would:
- Advance automated indexing efforts and the application of metadata to MEDLINE, PubMed, and other NLM database records (2 positions)
- Produce classes and training resources focusing on biomedical data and information science, especially in relation to NLM products and services
- Support the scientific and editorial review of journal literature and associated data for the NLM Collection
- Support the creation, promotion and distribution of consumer health information on MedlinePlus, MedlinePlus en español, and MedlinePlus Connect; or
- Serve as lead for activities related to the development and management of the NIH Common Data Element (CDE) Repository.