LAC Federal is seeking a part-time Systems Librarian for a major federal library based in Bethesda, MD. This is a 100% remote position. Expected start June 2018.
- Assist with evaluating, testing and comparing features of different tools for a public information website including compliance with Section 508 accessibility standards.
- Work with client on SEO evaluation of website content including developing web content strategies to promote the website, reviewing and creating content for FAQs, blogs, and other web pages and creating technical procedures and documentation on an internal wiki.
- Degree in computer science, library & information science or related field
- 3-5 years providing comparable work including familiarity with health/medical topics
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written, and organizational skills;
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of a motivated and productive team;
- Ability to follow rigorous and complex procedures;
- Must have excellent attention to detail;
- Ability to work in a database or content management system (training in the system will be provided, but the individual must have a high comfort level with learning systems, inputting data, and searching or using other available tools from the system);
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong critical thinking and analysis skills.
- Experience working with Medline Plus
- Experience with health and medical taxonomy
To apply, please visit: https://goo.gl/Jw8kPa