This is a summer position with the Library of the Supreme Court of the United States in Washington, D.C.
Closing Date: Wednesday, 03/18/2020, 11:59 PM EDT
The Summer Assistant will work primarily in the Technology Unit assisting with digitization, including participating in quality assessment and inventory management, and editing metadata records.
The assistant will also have the opportunity to participate in Collections Management duties, depending on the assistant’s interests and experience.
– Conditions of Employment
– U.S. Citizenship
– Meet Experience Requirements (see Qualifications)
– Employment is subject to successful completion of a security background check.
If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, you must certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System, or are exempt from having to do so under the Selective Service Law. See: www.sss.gov
Applicants must meet the following qualifications:
1. Meet education requirements (see below).
2. Work experience, preferably in a legal office or library setting.
3. Ability to communicate clearly, courteously, and effectively both orally and in writing required.
4. Availability for at least eight weeks.
Completion of at least one academic year in a Master of Library Science degree program including completion of a least one digitization or metadata course.
Summer Assistants are temporary staff members. Appointments are for a minimum of 8 weeks and a maximum of 13 weeks. Summer Assistants are eligible for the SmartBenefits transit subsidy. Please note that the Court does not offer a parking benefit to Summer Assistants.
Details and application here: