Statewide Projects and Programs Manager
South Carolina State Library
Location: Columbia, South Carolina
The State Library is seeking a creative, detail-oriented person with excellent customer service skills for the Manager of the Statewide Projects and Programs. The position oversees the Statewide Projects and Programs department, under the division of Statewide Development, comprised of library staff responsible for statewide literacy efforts, expansion of literary arts initiatives, and programs related to the first floor learning lab and research rooms. The person in this role will be responsible for managing the front line services provided by the South Carolina State Library at the main library location along with some field and partnership work in the literary and literacy communities.
This is a newly created position to coordinate programs, special projects, certain library partnerships, and personnel all which have a statewide focus, implementation or responsibility. He or she will develop an overall written planned calendar of events and services, based on the goals of the State Library, and collaboratively develop a plan of action to execute them successfully. Moving programs from ideas to fully implemented programs through collaborative efforts, including evaluation, budget management, reports and financial benchmarks, will be an important part of this position.
• Coordinates and implements services for the State Library, including but not limited to services to Literacy 2030, literary and arts partnerships, special services for groups such as veterans, adult and family literacy programs, genealogy research, and basic digitization services.
• Establishes short-, mid- and long-term goals and objectives that complement the 5-Year LSTA plan and the strategic directions of the agency
• Develops and/or approves timelines, priorities, and standards for achieving goals and directs evaluation activities, including performance reports and presentations
• Monitors program budgets and compliance of related grant requirements
• Represents the State Library at meetings, conferences, coalitions, panels, and committees
• Establishes and maintains strong professional networks of community organizations and other state, city and county departments leaders
• Assists with services to State Government; coordinates staff conducting grants training and other research
• Manages circulation and reference for the library, and the Interlibrary Loan program
• Assists with legislative research on a national, state, and county level
Minimum Requirement and Additional Requirements:
A Masters’ degree from an ALA accredited college or university in library science plus three (3) years of the required experience including two (2) years of the stated supervisory/project management responsibilities
Knowledge of local, state, and federal laws and regulations relevant to the operational unit or functional program and the principles and practices of public administration and management
Ability to work under limited direction, to take initiative and use independent judgment
Ability to manage project activities through the supervision of subordinate supervisors
Ability to establish and obtain operating long-range goals and objectives for the department
Ability to develop, implement, and monitor project budgets
Strong attention to detail is necessary
Complete the State application to include all current and previous work/salary history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed in lieu of a completed state application to determine if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position. Include a cover letter, resume and three professional references; reference and background check will be conducted.
Find a full position description and instructions for applying on the SC Library Jobs List:
Agency Hiring Range: $38,703 – $71,608
Job Type: FTE- Full Time
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday (8:30 – 5:00)
Company Info: South Carolina State Library
1500 Senate Street
Columbia, SC 29201
Agency Specific Application Procedures: All applications must be submitted online at www.jobs.sc.gov