LAC Group is seeking a full-time Senior Research and Reference Librarian to work for a prestigious law firm’s Washington DC office. The librarian will provide high-quality research & references services in support of the firm’s various legal and administrative departments. The selected individual will work both independently and in collaboration with the research team. This is a great opportunity for a dynamic, service-oriented research professional.
- Works with the Research and Reference team to design and deliver a valuable research to the firm.
- Provides expert research and reference assistance to attorneys in all practice areas using various print and digital resources. Provides in-depth analysis and summarization of results.
- Assists in the preparation of and delivery of relevant orientation and training programs.
- Supports the development and maintenance of intranet reference collections. Assists with link checking, collection development, and integration of subject-specific resources into the firm’s larger portal.
- Assists in the development of paper and digital resources collections, the evaluation of new and existing research tools and makes recommendations for purchase or renewal or resources.
- JD, MLS or MLIS from an accredited institution required.
- 5-10 years of reference and research experience required.
- Experience in a large law firm or comparable environment, preferred.
- Expert knowledge of print and digital legal and business resources and research techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of legal and business electronic resources and databases.
- Ability to work efficiently with keen attention to detail.
- Good oral and written communication.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
To apply, please visit: https://lac.gp/2VidVWP