LAC Group is seeking an experienced Senior Librarian to lead a team of librarians and library technicians at an Information Center at a major Federal agency in Washington, DC. This is a full-time (40 hours a week; Monday to Friday) long-term opportunity. Work must be performed on-site.
- The Senior Librarian will be responsible for implementing a long-term plan for a digital transition of the library to include: a teaching series, remote library searches, acquiring an information system that would include relevant borrowing rights and licenses for the client, database migration, and other tasks to be determined.
- The Senior Librarian will be responsible for overseeing the coordination, development, and evaluation of information resources and training materials and programs.
- The assignment includes short and long-range planning, coordination with Agency stakeholders and user community, collection management and development.
- The Senior Librarian will be responsible for cultivating a high level of customer service at all times.
- MLIS from an ALA-accredited graduate program
- 5 years of progressively responsible experience in managing information centers in a variety of settings (private, government, and academic preferred)
- Knowledge of current digital information technologies
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of contemporary library and information management including working with commercial vendors, collection development, serials management, and cataloging.
- A strong ability for time management, coordination, leadership, and decision making
- Ability to accomplish results through professional level outreach
- Experience with specialized databases, library instruction cultivation
- Background in the management and use of electronic resources, databases, services, and applications including eBooks and social media.
- In-depth knowledge of at least 2 of the following:
- Digital librarianship
- Digital literacy
- Information technology
- School Library media
- Serials management
- Reference services
- Collection Development
- Database migration
- Knowledge of copyright laws and copyright restrictions
- Knowledge of world and foreign affairs, international relations, geography, and history
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills