Length: Term of positions is 26 weeks; full-time commitment 5-days per week.
Living Allowance: $507/week
AmeriCorps Award: Interns are eligible for an AmeriCorps education award upon successful completion of the program. Value of education award is $2,907 (pre-tax).
Educational Status: Completion of a Bachelor’s degree is required, including coursework or experience in community or transportation planning, landscape architecture, geography, public affairs, community studies, park planning or management, or related field
Start Date: Early June
Application Due Date: May 10
Duties and responsibilities may include:
- Conduct initial research to identify the best approach for managing data/documents (e.g., hard drive or google documents) and making it is accessible to park employees. Research will included assessing the data management systems at other D.C. area parks and the National Capital Region Office. Understand federal law and Department of the Interior policy (Director’s Order 11D, Records and Electronic Information Management) to know what, and how, the park is required to maintain electronic documents. Additionally, the Steward will work with park leadership to determine what the park wants to maintain.
- Once the Steward has identified the best data management system and knows which documents will be housed in that system (e.g., policies, Agreements, Memorandums, Squad Notes, emergency response plans, etc.), the Steward will work with IT (if necessary) to design the appropriate system.
- The Steward with work with park leadership to identify and capture all documents that will be housed in the new data management system.
- Create a park-wide data management policy and internal communications plan for the data management system.
- Ability to think critically and creatively
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of people
- Strong organizational skills
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum age is 18.
- Must be a US Citizen, National, or Lawful Permanent Resident Alien of the United States
- Must undergo Federal Background Check, upon selection
- Must possess a valid Social Security Card
- Submit a mid-term and final report
Submit a cover letter, emphasizing your experience with media design and Adobe Suite, and a current resume online at https://stewardslegacy.org/open-positions=
For Application Questions
Contact Christy Curd, Stewards Program Coordinator
*Applicants will only be contacted if selected for an interview.
- Position Type