Williams & Connolly LLP is currently seeking an entry level Research Librarian. Under the direction of the Head of Research, the Research Librarian position has primary responsibilities for, but are not limited to:
* Perform cost efficient research over a wide range of topics including: legal, legislative, business, intellectual property, public records, news, medical, and social media;
* Work in a fast paced environment with the ability to prioritize requests as needed;
* Assist with the training of attorneys and staff on effective use of research databases;
* Knowledge and proficiency of legal sources including research databases such as Lexis, Westlaw, Accurint, PACER and the Internet.
The successful candidate must be highly service-oriented with the ability to interact regularly with attorneys and staff. He/She should possess strong communication, interpersonal and customer service skills, as well as the ability to multi-task. Ability to adapt and to learn new databases, sources, and skills are a must. The ideal candidate is required to have a minimum of:
* A Master’s Degree in Library/Information Sciences;
* Library experience in a legal setting or professional services firm;
* Proficiency with applications including Microsoft Outlook, Word, and EXCEL;
* Proficiency with library software;
* Ability to lift & carry 15 lbs.