LAC Federal is seeking a Research Librarian for a major library in Washington, D.C. to provide research and reference services to client staff using his/her knowledge of data, news and bibliographic resources to meet the information needs. Work will be performed on site. This is a full-time term position NTE 1 year, and is eligible for PTO and benefits.
- Meets the information needs and provide state-of-the-art library research services to client staff by:
- Responding to client’s requests for information using a variety of print, electronic and data resources including economic and financial databases or services like Moody’s, S&P, Fitch, DataStream, Capital IQ, etc.
- Evaluating, developing and implementing research projects as well as integrating library contents on institutional web sites
- Develops information products and deliver library services by:
- Creating information products, such as research guides, customized information packages, quick reference tools etc., to meet immediate and ongoing information needs of the staff
- Working closely with the departments on best ways of making library electronic resources available via their information/knowledge sharing systems (Intranet, SharePoint sites, mobile devices, etc.)
- Increase effectiveness of use of library services by participating in the Library training and outreach projects.
- MLS or related degree with 2+ years’ experience in research and reference with a focus on economics or related subjects
- Experience evaluating user interactions with electronic information systems
- Familiarity with economic and financial data concepts and experience using and managing commercial data services
- Ability to logically organize and work with large quantities of data is an asset
- Ability to interview users to understand their information needs
- Ability to evaluate and search news, bibliographic, data and statistical services and deliver research and reference services
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to contribute in a team-based environment.
Apply online at: https://goo.gl/nlh7lv
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including Fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions, National Libraries and prominent government agencies