LibSource, an LAC Group company, is seeking a full-time, experienced, Research Analyst, to work virtually for our Library as a Service (LaaS) platform. The Research Analyst will join a team of researchers in staffing a busy and diverse virtual research desk, performing and managing requests for legal, corporate, business development and other research from LaaS clients. All research and communication will be performed online and by phone, using both paid databases and open sources. The Research Analyst will report directly to the Deputy Director of Research & Intelligence and work with other analysts to complete research requests in a timely, professional, and cost effective manner. Research will be delivered directly to clients using a virtual reference desk platform.
Type of Position: This is a full-time virtual position.
Hours: 11:00AM –8:00 PM PST/2:00 PM – 11:00 PM EST.
- Perform legal, corporate, business development and other research for LaaS clients using both paid databases (Westlaw, Lexis, Avention, etc.) and open sources (web searches, government databases, phone research, etc.)
- Communicate progress and research findings directly to client clearly and concisely
- Work with clients to clarify research objectives when necessary and provide follow-up on research requests
- Maintain current understanding of research methods and tools, including databases
- Keep Deputy Director apprised of research activities, client concerns, and issues that arise in the course of research
- Work with other Research Analysts to provide seamless service to clients even when working on complex and long-term projects
- Provide training and updates to research team regarding ongoing client projects
- On occasion, manage small research teams to accomplish more complex research objectives for clients
- Manage database access and other resources used for research
- Other duties as the arise according to client requests
- 3-5 years experience as a researcher in a law firm library, preferably with some business development research experience
- MLS or JD preferred, though work experience or a similar or related degree may take the place of MLS/JD
- Advanced legal research skills including but not limited to docket and case law research (both state and federal), secondary sources, and practice guidance
- Experience with corporate and business development research including gathering information from diverse sources (annual reports, SEC filings, Secretary of State records, case law, patent and trademark applications and records, lobbying activity, etc.)
- Extensive experience with Lexis and Westlaw (preferably LexisAdvance and WestlawNext) and ability to quickly learn and navigate other databases including but not limited to Monitor Suite, Avention, Capital IQ, Intelligize and Practical Law.
- Experience with open source research beyond search engine use, including government and non-profit databases, think tanks and academic sources. Must be comfortable calling and emailing sources for information.
- Exceptional client service skills, particularly via written communication
- Current experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
To apply, please visit: https://goo.gl/bT7Ude