Venable LLP is seeking a Reference Librarian to assist with the daily operations of our Washington, DC reference desk. This person will be responsible for conducting research, responding to research requests, and delivering in-house training and outreach to legal staff.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for…
- Sharing responsibilities for Reference Desk operations to ensure operations meet the needs of all library patrons.
- Providing assistance at the Reference Desk; responding to information requests, locating cases, searching databases such as LEXIS and WESTLAW, and requesting interlibrary loans.
- Conducting research interviews with patrons and recommending appropriate firm materials from the library collection.
- Tracking all reference transactions in Integrated Library System.
The successful candidate will demonstrate…
- Master of Library Science ,equivalent degree or equivalent research experience
- The ability to conduct legal research, including experience using online and print resources to conduct research. 3-5 years experience doing research required.
- Working knowledge of library research databases. Intellectual Property research experience strongly preferred
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple competing tasks.