The Washington County Free Library is seeking an energetic, proactive, team oriented person for the Adult Information Department.
This is a full time position; hours will include some evenings, occasional Saturday and Sundays.
- Serving all library users by providing reference service.
- Train and assist patrons in accessing the online catalog, internet and other informational data networks.
- Research questions, develop and teach computer classes, monitor and maintain equipment in the Reference Department.
- Attend workshops and conferences.
- Performs related work as required.
Required skills, knowledge and abilities:
- Masters of Library Science from an accredited school or must complete within 1 year of appointment.
- Computer skills, excellent oral and written communication skills; a positive interpersonal style; ability to work independently and as part of a team; strong organizational skills; ability to communicate a positive library image; flexibility and initiative. Must be eligible for MD library certification.
- Please submit a resume.
- Cover letter
Application can be downloaded from our website www.washcolibrary.org .
Mailing address: Washington County Free Library, 100 S. Potomac Street, Hagerstown, MD 21740
Email address: email@example.com
Deadline: September 10, 2018