LAC Group is seeking a Project Manager to work at a major Federal library in the Washington, DC area overseeing a dynamic and geographically disperse team of library technicians and material handlers in a high demand environment.
This is a long term role (starting middle of September), full-time (40 hour a week; Monday – Friday) benefited position.
- Supervise and manage the work of library technicians, clerks, and other staff
- Write standard operating procedures, manuals and statistical reports using databases and spreadsheets such as Microsoft Access and Excel.
- At least 2 years of prior experience working in a large library (of at least 500,000 volumes)
- At least 2 years of working experience with an Integrated Library System (ILS)
- Ability to manage collection maintenance operations
- At least 2 years of experience as supervisory training staff, reviewing the work of others
- Exemplarily project-based supervisory skills and experience
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed
- Ability to address performance and personnel issues
- Ability to compile statistical data to produce daily, weekly, monthly and annual reports
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Available to work on nights and weekends highly preferred
LAC is a culturally diverse organization, built upon teamwork and equal opportunity. LAC will continue to be successful when staff are treated fairly and allowed to advance and achieve their full potential. LAC is proud of the fact that the company fully and actively supports equal access for all people, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and or disability, which, if needing accommodation, may be reasonably accommodated, or any other legally protected status.
LAC works hard to promote the fulfillment of human potential and equal employment. LAC will take action to ensure that all qualified minority group individuals, women, disabled persons, and veterans are given the opportunity to be apprised of openings, are encouraged to seek promotions, are considered for promotion opportunities, and, when qualified, are hired or promoted. LAC is woman-owned and seventy-six percent of our current staff are women and/or minorities.
Phases of employment include but are not limited to: recruiting, hiring, selection for training, promotion, demotion, discipline, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, reduction in force, termination, recall, and use of facilities. All phases of employment will be administered so as to further the principle of equal employment opportunity.
For more information or to apply, please click here.