Please email Doris Miles at HistoryAssociates to apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
History Associates is currentlyrecruiting a number of qualified individuals with experience in archivalarrangement for an immediate opportunity in Beltsville, Maryland. Thisopportunity is expected to run for approximately 3-4 months and hiring will bemade on a temporary basis. Positions are full-time; 40 hours per week.Temporary archivists are not eligible for benefits offered by HistoryAssociates.
Working under the supervision of anon-site team leader and within strict deadlines, selected candidates will workas part of a team to sort and arrange a large collection of unprocessed recordsbelonging to a major federal entity.Selected candidates are expected toperform the following activities:
– Sort records into record groups
– Arrange records according to an existing hierarchy
– Title folders in accordance with defined naming conventions
– Create box lists
In performing these tasks, thearchivists will ensure accuracy of work and prepare material for digitization.All work will be subject to routine review by the project manager and client.
– Master’s degree in library science, history, or related discipline with a concentration in archival studies or archival courses, seminars, internships, or relevant practical experience.
– Demonstrated experience arranging and describing records
– Understanding of and experience in implementing archival hierarchies
– Demonstrated practical knowledge of archival policies and procedures
– Proven examples of working under strict deadlines
– Ability to work harmoniously and effectively with others on a team
– Strong written and verbal communication skills
Qualified applicants should e-mail acover letter that indicates interest/qualifications in the position, resume,(unofficial) transcripts, names and contact information (including e-mailaddress) of three professional references to:
History Associates Incorporated
300 N. Stonestreet Avenue
Rockville, MD 20850
– See more at:http://www.
Hey employers!Are you an employer with a job for a LIS graduate or student? If so, please email us at email@example.com and we will include it as well as post it to the lis jobs google group.