Historic Annapolis, the leading preservation and history organization for Maryland’s capital city, is seeking to hire a temporary contract position (10-20 hours per week) to assist with a digitization project for the Annapolis Colonial Historic District in Maryland.
The position would begin in late July/early August 2020 and, funding permitting, may extend through 2022. The work will include writing a standards manual, matching metadata with images, scanning slides and images, conducting research, and uploading/converting records to existing HistoryIT digital platform. The organization has completed a portion of the scanning and recorded corresponding metadata. The scope of work includes: 1) cross-reference existing metadata with images to ensure that entries are complete for each image in preparation for a final upload of the database to HistoryIT; and 2) creating new digital collections for items that are yet to be scanned or catalogued.
Once complete, the digitized images will be accessible to the public via a portal on the organization’s website (www.annapolis.org) for research and general information. All materials are located in Annapolis, MD. Work conditions will be determined at a later date depending on CDC and Maryland State COVID-19 regulations. At-home work may be a possibility. Hours can vary depending on applicant’s availability.
JOB SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EDUCATION:
• Master’s Degrees in Library and Information Science (completed or enrolled).
• A minimum of one year of work experience with archival collections or related field.
• Ability and desire to work well independently as well as collaboratively as part of a team.
• Productive work ethic and excellent organizational, interpersonal, time management and critical thinking skills with a strong attention to detail.
• Effective professional oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Working knowledge of collections-based software, equipment, and database systems; HistoryIT and PastPort particularly desired.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Outlook email systems required.
This position will be paid $15.00-$20.00 per hour depending on qualifications and experience. Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to Senior Vice President, Finance, Lucy Mikhailova at email@example.com.