Loyola Notre Dame Library is seeking a part-time reference librarian. This individual will work evenings and weekends, 10-16 hours/week under the direction of the Head of Access, Research & Learning.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Staffs the research/information desk; responds to faculty, student, and staff requests for information in person, via phone, email, or chat.
- Assists faculty and students in finding materials and information using print and non-print sources with the online catalog, databases, related software and internet use.
- Assists circulation staff with patrons as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to gain a thorough knowledge of Loyola Notre Dame Library’s policies and procedures;
- Ability to act as a representative of the Loyola Notre Dame Library to the public and establish good working relationships with colleagues, students, and faculty.
- Familiar with the principles, practices, and procedures for academic library service and the ability to interpret them to the staff and the public.
- Familiar with reference services, practices, and procedures.
- ALA accredited master’s degree or a current student enrolled in an ALA accredited master’s degree program
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong public service orientation
The Loyola Notre Dame Library, located in a residential area of northern Baltimore City, is a recently admitted member of University System of Maryland and Affiliated Institutions (USMAI) and serves two universities: Loyola University Maryland and Notre Dame of Maryland University. Loyola University Maryland, a member of the Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities, is recognized for excellence in teaching and learning while Notre Dame of Maryland University is a leader in the education of women and non-traditional students. The Library serves a total population of 7,448 FTE that includes 5,540 FTE at Loyola and 1,908 FTE at Notre Dame.
Review of applications will begin immediately. Please submit electronically a resume, cover letter, and a list of three (3) work-related references with “Part-Time Reference Librarian” in the subject line to Lorena Dion, Administrative Operations Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org.