The primary responsibilities are to provide research assistance to a diverse user population in the use of the online catalog and discovery layer, 500+ databases, and the print collection; partner with writing studies faculty to teach introductory-level information literacy skills to undergraduates; provide email, FAQ, and chat research assistance services; create and maintain online research and instructional information through learning objects; and perform other research assistance and instructional services as needed.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
General days and hours include: 12-16 total hours/week primarily on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and/or Fridays between 10:00 am and 6:00 pm, with additional voluntary hours possible on an as-needed basis.
Salary Range: $18.00-$21.00/hr
Required Education and Experience
ALA-accredited M.L.S., plus academic or equivalent reference or public services experience.
- Experience working with online information resources.
- Experience providing research assistance to a variety of users in an academic or other library setting.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently and collegially.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience teaching.
- Experience creating online learning objects, including video tutorials and/or research guides.
- Experience providing research assistance in a variety of formats, including in-person, email, and/or online chat.
For more information or assistance with the American University careers site, email firstname.lastname@example.org