Job Summary/ Responsibilities
• Utilizes passion and expertise to inspire diverse and varying communities.
• Plans, prepares, and presents maker and emerging technology training for library staff and customers, both individually and in groups.
• Incorporating excellent customer service skills, finds solutions to staff and customer maker and emerging technology questions.
• Finds creative ways to implement and improve upon various technology uses in the Library.
• Maintains and provides system-wide support for maker and emerging technology equipment such as 3D printers, virtual reality gear, soldering stations, etc. and various related software.
• Provides support as needed in the Virtual Services department, especially providing answers to virtual reference questions about maker and emerging technology.
• Must have a Bachelor’s Degree and customer service experience. Maker or other education experience preferred.
• Must be adaptable, flexible, and enthusiastic while teaching diverse and varied staff and customers about technology.
• Must have reliable personal transportation to be able to travel between all library branches and the Administrative Offices.
• Must be able to work occasional evening and weekend hours.
• Must be physically able to move throughout the building, lift up to 30lbs., and push/pull a wheeled cart weighing up to 100 lbs., stand on ladders, and bend to the floor.
• Must be proficient in the use of contemporary and collaborative office software such as Office 365, Google Drive, Dropbox, Box, Slack, or similar.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must pass a post offer criminal background check.
Hourly Salary: $18.59-$24.41, commensurate with experience.
Schedule: Daytime weekday hours not to exceed 24 weekly hours
Send an email to email@example.com and attach two documents:
1) A completed BCPL employment application which you can find on our website www.bcpl.jobs
2) Your cover letter and resume as one PDF document. Include your last name in the title of the documents. Indicate the job title Library Technology Instructor: Virtual and Media Services in the subject line of your email.
Documents must be received by: June 8, 2018