St. Philip the Apostle Catholic School is seeking a part-time librarian for the 2018-2019 school year.
Job ID: 2953174
Application Deadline: Posted until Filled
Posted : June 6, 2018
Starting Date: August 13, 2018
ABOUT OUR SCHOOL
St. Philip School teachers and staff work with parents to promote the development of the whole child in a faith-filled community. We offer a well-rounded program that provides opportunities for spiritual growth and academic success for all and encourages students to share their talents and gifts with those in need. For additional information about our school, visit www.stphiliptheapostlemd.org
A teacher at St. Philip is directly accountable to the Principal for student academic success, maintenance of rigorous school culture, and mission advancement. Teachers are responsible for the following:
Teaching and Learning
• Creating curriculum including unit and lesson plans aligned to the Archdiocese of Washington standards and American Association of School Librarians, and the Independent Catholic Library Association.
• Structuring compelling, standards-based lessons that challenge students’ critical thinking and align with lesson, unit, and grade-level objectives
• Providing instruction to compliment core subjects and use a variety of strategies to engage students in the library;
• Participating in professional development opportunities;
• Create a positive learning environment that promotes high expectations and provides opportunities for all students to experience success
• Maintaining positive, professional relationships with students, families, and colleagues
• Communicating with students, parents, school staff to ensure that students are on-track in their learning and making progress towards goals
• Oversee student lunch periods, arrivals and dismissals, recess and playground duties;
We are seeking a certified teacher with the following skills and characteristics:
Skills and Personal Characteristics
• Passionate, creative, and ambitious individual completely aligned with the mission and vision of St. Philip, and a strong belief that all students can learn;
• Desire to improve the educational outcomes for young children and to be held accountable for student academic growth and academic results;
• Strong verbal, writing, editing, mathematical abilities, and proficient in current technological advances for education;
• Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team of professionals, families, and community leaders;
• Maintain a professional demeanor, strong work-ethic, and high energy;
• Detail driven work style with excellent organizational skills;
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work with efficiency;
• Ability to get the job successfully completed without regard to the amount of time required.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
• Three or more years of teaching experience as an elementary or middle school teacher in an urban environment preferred.
For more information and to apply please click here.