Exciting learning opportunity and experience for a librarian or library or information school student in the emerging field of disaster health information.
ICF International assists the National Library of Medicine with a variety of disaster medicine and public health activities and is looking for:
- Part-time (~20 hours); Flexible hours/days to accommodate schedules
- Background in science, public health, allied health, emergency management is highly desirable,
- Excellent writing skills and attention to detail required
- Ability to develop, edit, update materials quickly in response to disasters and public health emergencies
- Master degree in library science or library & information science is preferred
Duties may include:
- Reviewing Web page links and selection of resources for disaster health topic Web pages
- Updating and maintaining Web site using content management software (CMS).
- Ensuring Web documents are Section 508 compliant; experience with section 508 compliance not required, but highly desirable
- Selection, data entry, and writing annotations for disaster medicine and public health grey literature database.
- Assist in working with partners, collaborators and audiences by responding to inquiries,
- Scheduling, planning, and attending meetings, meeting minute preparation, and
- corresponding via phone or email
- Testing and review of disaster health databases and mobile applications
- Testing training materials and participate in disaster health information continuing education classes
- Managing administration functions of a Listserv
- Monitoring of multiple RSS feeds for new resources
- Monitoring, message writing and posting on Twitter account and other social media platforms as requested.