Administrative Offices – Towson MD
Monday-Wednesday, 8:30 am -5:00 pm
At BCPL, staff members have the opportunity to enrich individual lives and build strong communities by delivering exceptional customer experiences, establishing meaningful partnerships, and creating innovative learning spaces. We seek enthusiastic, open-minded, self-motivated individuals who can work well independently and with others. BCPL circulates over 11 million items and provides library services through its 19 branches, 4 mobile library vehicles, and an extensive outreach network. If you are forward thinking and passionate about public service, consider joining BCPL as a Part-Time Librarian-Virtual and Media Services.
- Provides virtual reference services to internal and external staff on a variety of platforms.
- Works with the Virtual Services Coordinator to identify and implement new virtual reference platforms and services.
- Provides training and answers to library staff about the use of new communication, collaboration, and virtual reference software.
- Provides support to the Department by helping with internal and external trainings about emerging and maker technology.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree and experience with providing virtual reference. A Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science or comparable work experience is preferred.
- Must be proficient in the use of contemporary and collaborative office software such as Office 365, Google Drive, Dropbox, Box, Slack, or similar.
- Must enjoy trying new things and have a general interest in technology.
- Must pass a post offer criminal background check.
Hourly Salary: $18.59-$24.41, commensurate with experience.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and attach two documents: 1) a completed BCPL employment application which you can find on our website www.bcpl.jobs and 2) your cover letter and resume as one PDF document. Include your last name in the title of the documents. Indicate the job title Part-Time Librarian: Virtual and Media Services in the subject line of your email. Documents must be received no later than March 14, 2018.
Vacancy #: 2018-093