Perform a variety of complex technical and highly specialized library functions involved in the maintenance and creation of catalog records for various library materials in the integrated library system.
Must be available on weekends and evenings.
- Coordinate with other staff members and university teams on projects that impact the physical holdings or require data and reporting on the holdings.
- Carry out onsite reassignment, shifting, and deaccession projects and provide remote or in person guidance and instruction to campus-based staff members to properly execute projects as needed.
- Provide guidance and instruction to campus-based staff members to execute circulation tasks in order to ensure catalog record integrity.
- Correct cataloging errors and resolve difficult conflicts involving appropriate entries; provide assistance to other staff members in resolving complex cataloging problems in specialty areas of language and subject competence.
- Coordinate with the University Librarian on projects that improve the efficiency and accuracy of the integrated library system.
- Perform original descriptive and subject cataloging for various library materials
- Conduct complex searching and researching establish appropriate form of main entries, added entries and place names; assign main entries and subject headings; determine edition statements, imprints, collations and series notes.
- Various duties as assigned.
- American Library Association (ALA) – accredited Master’s Degree in Library Science.
- 2 years experience in library science or in education industry
- Demonstrated knowledge of library science
- Demonstrated experience in cataloging and collections management
- Must have strong time management skills and be adaptable to changing deadlines
- Must have strong data analysis skills, using Excel or comparable software
- Excellent spatial intelligence
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Previous experience with Horizon ILS preferredOther:
- Must be able to travel 25% of time.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, crouch, and stand 75% of time
- Typical office setting.
- Mobility within the office including movement from floor to floor.
- Travel via plane, car, and metro is required to perform this job.
- Access information using a computer.
- Effectively communicate, both up and down the management chain.
- Effectively cope with stressful situation
- Strong mental acuity
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality are essential functions of this job.
- Other essential functions and marginal job functions are subject to modification.
For more information and to apply, please click here.