Summary Description: The Part-time Archivist will appraise, edit, and maintain permanent records and historically valuable documents. Archivist will also prepare items and documents for proper filing and storage and ensure preservation for future retrieval. S/he will also research activities based on historical events that have influenced the empowerment of women. This is a part-time position.
- Develops and implements procedures for the acquisition, processing, digitization, and preservation of archival materials. Responsible for developing and maintaining Library & Archives inventory databases
- Advises and assists researchers in the use of archival materials in research activities; interprets requirements and consults on archival information.
- Interacts with donors of archival collections both internal and external to the organization.
- Appraises potential collection additions and makes recommendations for acquisition of new collections and de-accessioning of existing collections.
- Participates in development and implementation of policies and standards for the archives for the furthering of the mission of AAUW.
- Coordinate facility tours for new hires, members, donors and public.
- Promotes collections through online exhibits, publications, presentations, instructional sessions, and other outreach activities.
- Maintains and updates archival database.
- Bachelor’s degree in History, Art History, Library Science or Records Management preferred;
- 3 years’ minimum previous HR and/or payroll administration experience;
- Analytical skills;
- Meticulous organizational skills;
- Ability to critically evaluate written documents;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment;
- Proficient with databases intermediate Excel, Word and Power Point skills;
- Ability to plan and manage multiple tasks and priorities and maintain work flow;
- Ability to follow through on assigned tasks;
- Ability to input data with reasonable speed and accuracy;
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills;
- Clear understanding and commitment to AAUW mission, goals, and objectives.
Compensation and Location:
The salary range for this part-time position is $30.00 to $38.00 per hour contingent on relevant experience. The position is based in Washington, DC.
Apply: Submit a résumé with cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications by email, indicating position title (Archivist) to firstname.lastname@example.org.