The part time Access Services Supervisor is an 18-20 hour per week position that assumes the responsibility of managing the Media and Technology Services desk in absence of the full time staff. Ensures adequate staffing at the desk and provides support for the student workers in resolving user problems. Helps in the hiring, training and supervision of the student assistants. Resolves faculty concerns or issues with their media services reserve requests and technology reservations. Maintains the library’s media services collection and technology collection and ensures the equipment is functioning. Helps with desk coverage across all service points in Access Services and enforces library policies in a courteous manner. In addition, the incumbent has a general supervisory role over part-time student assistants at the two Access Services service points.
The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Providing customer service to library patrons at the Media and Technology Services desk
- Helping with hiring and training of the student assistants
- Troubleshooting problems with equipment and collections
- Resolving faculty and student issues
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- 18-20 hours/week
- This position requires the ability to potentially work on weekends and some 8:00AM openings and 11:00PM closings during the week.
- The position also requires flexibility, as schedules may vary.
- Work also may be required during periods of limited staffing due to weather, other emergency situations or University closures.
Required Education and Experience
- At least two years of college
- Ability to be assertive, exercise sound judgment, and to recognize and resolve problems.
- Prior customer service experience in a professional setting, the ability to work independently, some managerial experience and/or prior general library experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Preferred Education and Experience
Experience with an ILS, media production, AV equipment and/or large format printing.