The Maryland Prince George’s County Memorial Library System (PGCMLS) is accepting applications for a qualified Web Development Specialist. This position will be responsible for the development and maintenance of the Library’s website, intranet, and app.
The Web Development Specialist will:
- Act as primary contact for web vendor.
- Maintain the functionality of the library’s website, intranet and app. Develop new features and functions upon request.
- Post and curate content. Review site for accurate and current information.
- Develop and implement PGCMLS web-standards including ADA Compliance (Section 508).
- Employ analytics to ensure web content is evaluated and enhanced through reports, end-user surveys and other tools.
- Increase our public website’s Search Engine Optimization.
- Configure the website’s content management system. Install and configure modules. Troubleshoot functionality issues.
- Research and evaluate new technology to determine whether it could be beneficial for the Library’s web sites, and efficiently install, configure and test the tools as necessary. Recommend purchases to Administration.
- Collaborate with the IT and Marketing Departments in Digital Signs, Web filter, and other related projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, or a related field.
- Course work and/or certifications in web design, web development or associated topics.
- Two years of experience with web design, web development content management or associated topics.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and customer service skills.
- Strong organization and problem-solving skills, attention to detail.
- Knowledge of source code/version control software and test-driven development.
- Knowledge of C# recommended for work with Unity, an object-oriented scripting language used in developing custom virtual reality experiences for PGCMLS.
- Experience working with PHP preferred for working with WordPress.
- Knowledge of app development.
- Familiarity with innovative technology such as virtual reality, augmented reality, and 3D printer hardware and software, or a willingness to learn.