LAC Federal is seeking a Librarian to support a Federal Library in the Alexandria, VA, area. The Librarian will provide research, reference, inter-library loan, cataloging, and training and outreach support for collection consisting of physical and digital items. This is a long term full-time contract (40 hour per week; Monday – Friday), benefited position.
- Provide research/reference service both online and in person.
- Provide cataloging support to ensure that the library’s catalog is accurate and meets the most current standards.
- Process ILL requests and provide circulation duties for the physical items in the collection
- Participate in marketing and outreach of the library services.
- Keep current trends in library technologies and make suggestions that will improve or enhance access to the Library’s online content.
- Support training by coordinating with vendors and providing direct training to users
- Assist in collection development and maintenance of the physical and virtual collections.
- Assist in planning, developing and implementing digital content management solutions and curating the digital collection
- Other duties include tracking usage statistics, participation in special projects as assigned.
- Degree in MLS or MLIS from an ALA accredited institution
- Professional knowledge of the theories, concepts, principles and techniques of librarianship in order to provide effective reference support.
- Must be team oriented with excellent interpersonal communications skills to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships within the library and with library clientele.
- Ability to work in a fast -paced, information intense environment
Apply online: https://goo.gl/JxO1T1
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including Fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions, National Libraries and prominent government agencies.