The University Libraries are hiring part-time student employees for the Spring 2019 semester! The positions are in the Access Services or Reference and Instructional Services units in Mullen Library. Typical tasks include shelving books, checking out/checking in items for borrowers, welcoming library visitors, answering directional questions, looking up library holdings in the online system, SearchBox.
- Ability to communicate with patrons (answer basic questions that patrons may have and direct patrons to various locations/services in the library or to other desks as needed)
- Communicate and support University Libraries policies and procedures
- Learn and employ the Library of Congress Classification system
- Additional responsibilities depending on scheduled location
- Must be available to work at least 10 and no more than 19 hours per week, when the library is open to the public. University Libraries’ hours can be found here.
- Must be available to work roughly 6 Sundays or holidays during the semester
- Availability for at least one opening/closing shift
As an employee of the University Libraries, you will be expected to work at any location within the Libraries.
Pay starts at $10.00/hour.
Apply via Handshake