MLS Program Coordinator Position
The College of Information Studies (Maryland’s iSchool) is seeking a full‐time Program Coordinator for the Master of Library Science (MLS) Program. The Program Coordinator will report to the MLS Program Director, Director of Academic Programs, and others to ensure appropriate management of the MLS degree program.
- Manage day-to-day operations for a graduate program of 200+ students.
Coordinate and support the MLS Program Committee.
- Maintain longitudinal program assessments, including learning outcomes, current MLS student and alumni satisfaction surveys, and annual alumni job placement survey.
- Prepare biennial Graduate Outcomes Assessment reports for submission to the Graduate School.
- Assist the MLS Program Director and college staff in preparing and submitting ALA accreditation materials including: the biennial narrative report, annual statistical report, and comprehensive program presentation for the reaccreditation process (2018-19).
- Manage and maintain MLS areas of the iSchool website and program blog (mls.umd.edu). Other duties as assigned.
- Assist Student Services Coordinator and other iSchool staff in the planning of the iSchool orientation.
- Work with Student Services staff to advise MLS graduate students on academic progress. Revise and create advising tools.
- Manage and deliver Career Focus programming.
- Assist in the field study placement process, which includes maintaining and expanding a database of locations, needs, and student information.
- Assist the Recruitment Coordinator in designing and implementing recruitment strategies. Participate in recruitment activities as needed.
- Coordinate the MLS graduate admissions process including evaluating applications and recommending admissions actions to faculty.
- Strategize and implement outcomes identified from the Re-envisioning the MLS initiative.
- Work with faculty to document and develop iSchool curriculum, which reflects current professional practices and future directions.
Candidates for this position will ideally have:
- Possess a MLS (or equivalent) degree from an ALA accredited program OR master’s in a related field OR a bachelor’s plus 2 years of relevant experience.
- Strong oral, written and communication skills.
- Experience working with diverse populations including students, faculty, staff, campus administrators and the public. Skill to listen and advise diverse personalities using independent and mature judgment.
- Previous project management skills.
- Ability to travel periodically and represent the MLS program and iSchool at events.
- Demonstrated skill in interpreting academic material and adapting it for oral presentation and in a wide variety of written materials.
- Familiarity with the University of Maryland systems and processes.
- Knowledge of services and resources available to graduate students through other UMCP campus departments and agencies, with the ability and initiative to make appropriate referrals.
- Knowledge of and experience in higher education administration. A Degree or related work experience in educational administration, educational psychology, education, counseling, or psychology.
- Cover Letter
- 3 References
Please apply at: https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/41871