St. Catherine’s School is an Episcopal day school in Richmond, Virginia, founded in 1890 and enrolling 978 girls age 3-grade12. Located on a 16-acre campus in the western part of the city, St. Catherine’s Core Values include pursuing academic excellence, developing character, nurturing spiritual growth, celebrating individuals, and building community.
The Wright Library of St. Catherine’s School is seeking a full-time, 12-month Middle School Librarian to begin work in the 2017-2018 school year, serving the 5th -12th grades. This position works under the supervision of the Director of Library Services and Innovative Research and with the other members of the Library Services Department.
- Collaborating with Middle and Upper School faculty in the integration of information literacy instruction throughout the curriculum;
- Teaching the 5th grade library skills class and supporting related experiential learning;
- Providing reader’s advisory and promoting a culture of reading for these grades;
- Arranging for author visits and providing assistance with LS and MS book fair;
- Maintaining and culturing relationships with other independent school librarians, including with the librarians of St. Christopher’s School for our coordinate program;
- Evaluating, promoting, and using existing and emerging technologies to support teaching and learning;
- Assisting in technology use and basic troubleshooting;
- Planning and provide professional development;
- Promoting the ethical use of information, including copyright, fair use, and recognition of intellectual property.
- Minimum of 5 years’ professional experience as a school or public librarian desired;
- Masters in Library and Information Science from an accredited institution or currently enrolled in a library science graduate program;
- Teaching experience;
- Student-centered nature with strong collaborative and interpersonal skills, creative, curious with a love of learning, flexibility, and a sense of humor.
St. Catherine’s School offers a highly competitive compensation package for this full-time position with benefits to include excellent health plan options, retirement benefits, exhaustive professional development and networking opportunities as well as state-of-the art facilities. Interested candidates should apply at www.st.catherines.org or follow the link apply here.
St. Catherine’s School does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, or national and ethnic origin in the administration of its hiring practices.