LAC Group seeks an experienced full-time Metadata Specialist for a position with our client, a prestigious federal library in the Washington DC area. This position is a full-time, benefited position, working on-site at the client’s facility.
- Guide the development of functional information architecture requirements for Web applications and search, with other team members
- Develop and manage information architecture for search application, map metadata, and controlled vocabularies to deliver focused, relevant information via site search or browse.
- Analyze content and advice users on content and metadata to improve findability of content
- Develop search optimization best practices and strategies
- Troubleshoot findability issues and recommend actions to improve overall findability
- Perform relevancy testing and suggest changes for better results
- An MLS degree or a degree in computer science, or a related field
- 2-3 years’ experience working with metadata standards and digital objects
- Experience in search services, and a strong understanding and familiarity with controlled vocabularies and the principles and mechanics of effective information management tools including taxonomy formulation, metadata development, navigation design, and enterprise search.
- Experience in Office 365 or SharePoint 2016 is highly desirable
- Knowledge of utilizing computer technology and software (e.g., word processing, spreadsheet, and database software; web-based tools)
If interested, please email your resume to me directly at