As a Metadata Specialist at ProQuest, you will create, inspect, edit and enhance various cataloging formats for online streaming videos, documents, recordings and musical scores. You will collaborate with Product Managers, the Customer Engagement Team, and Product Managers to ensure usability and accuracy of the content. Your work will help to advance research around the world by making critical content searchable and available on ProQuest Platforms.
- Creating, inspecting and enhancing electronic data before, during, and after the production process
- Ensuring the format and quality of the data meets standards by identifying and correcting anomalies
- Following AACR2 and RDA content rules
- Searching WorldCat to find matching records
- Working as an indexer for creating non-MARC metadata
- Constructing searches against archives for maintenance and redistribution
- Selecting the most efficient methods for searching, sorting, and updating data
- Reporting content problems for resolution
- Performing ongoing maintenance to archived data
Qualified Candidates Must Have…
- Experience performing work requiring detail and constructing database searches.
- Capacity to learn and master new technology and processes.
- Experience cataloging using MARC format following AACR2 and RDA standards.
- Experience with Library of Congress authorities.
- Ability to understand content structures and key metadata and their uses by researchers.
- Capable of working independently, as part of departmental and interdepartmental teams.
- Adept at keying.
Superstar Candidates Will Also Have…
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Library and Information Science, Liberal Arts, or Computer Science.
- Experience with HTML, XML, XHTML or other markup.
- Experience with MarcEdit and Marc Report software.
- Reading-level proficiency in a non-English Language.
This position might be a good fit for you if…
- You enjoy working on tight deadlines in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- You are passionate about libraries and the librarians who work in them.
- Metadata is exciting and cataloging is thrilling!
This might NOT be a good fit if…
- Tight deadlines, fast-pace, and hardwork just aren’t your idea of a good time
- You don’t like data, data-entry, or metadata… you just don’t like data
- You have a strong aversion to the details
Other important information about this position:
- This position is based in the Alexandria, VA ProQuest office location and is not appropriate for full or partial remote work. Exceptions may be considered for internal applicants who are within a commutable distance to a ProQuest office.
- This position requires weekday (Monday – Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
- Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
Please apply on the Proquest website here: https://proquest.jobs.net/en-U