LAC Federal seeks an experience Metadata Acquisition Specialist to work for a client in Beltsville, MD. The Specialist will support the development and maintenance of metadata files received from publishers. Work will be performed on-site. This is an ongoing, annually renewed, full-time (40 hour a week;Monday – Friday) benefited position.
- Support the development and maintenance of metadata files received from publishers, coordinates with publishers and other suppliers, and maintains records on licenses and agreements.
- As new metadata is received, the Specialist is responsible for reviewing supplied metadata for compliance with established standards and works with supplies to remedy noncompliant metadata.
- Degree in Information Science, Information Architecture or Information Management; MLS preferred
- Knowledge of XML
- Familiar with common metadata standards used in libraries such as MODS, PubMed JATS, RDA
- Ability to identify errors in metadata
- Knowledge of library automation/cataloging platforms including OCLC, AGRICOLA, and Voyager.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Creative problem solving abilities.
To apply, visit: https://goo.gl/ygm5Lw