LAC Group is seeking an experienced Metadata Acquisition Specialist to work for a major federal agency in Beltsville, MD. The selected individual will support the development and maintenance of metadata files received from publishers. This is a one-year full-time (40 hours a week; Monday to Friday) benefited contract position.
- Support the development and maintenance of metadata files received from publishers, coordinates with publishers and other suppliers, and maintains records on licenses and agreements.
- As new metadata is received, the Specialist is responsible for reviewing supplied metadata for compliance with established standards and works with supplies to remedy non compliant metadata.
- Degree in Information Science, Information Architecture or Information Management; MLS preferred
- Knowledge of XML
- Familiar with common metadata standards used in libraries such as MODS, PubMed JATS, RDA
- Ability to identify errors in metadata
- Knowledge of library automation/cataloging platforms including OCLC, AGRICOLA, and Voyager.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Creative problem solving abilities.
To apply, please visit: https://lac.gp/2L5Kgcj