Crowell & Moring LLP invites you to consider this unique opportunity to join a dynamic team of Research and Library Services professionals at a top law firm where both attorneys and staff are highly valued!
Manager, Technical Services
Responsible for coordinating the Research Services department’s use of systems and technology to provide services to clients, organize and track firm resources, and improve client and department access to information resources.
- Serves as internal project manager related to all current and future Research Services systems, managing all phases of project life-cycle including requirement gathering, planning, testing, implementing, and training.
- Assists staff and attorneys in the use of department systems as well as leads trouble-shooting and admin support of those systems.
- Responds to questions from attorneys and staff regarding Research Services systems and resources; collaborates with IT for resolution of issues pertinent to Research Services resources.
- Leads and facilitates continuous improvement of procedures, workflow, policies and technical services operations, reshaping where appropriate.
- Supervises technical services department staff (Serials Assistant and Acquisitions Librarian).
- Acts as the system administer for the Integrated Library System (EOS). Develops procedures for ensuring information about print and online resource in all offices is captured in the ILS, including classification of resources, capturing of receipt and payment information, client and circulation data, acquisition and disposal records, and licensing information.
- Acts as the system administer for firm wide resource management system (Onelog). Ensures system remains integrated with all new and existing online resources; inputs and updates firm wide ID/passwords; ensures usage tracking of all resource remains active in system; and ensures ongoing collection of firm wide usage statistics.
- Acts as system administrator for department request tracking software (Quest).
- Acts as system administrator and billing contact for firm’s PACER administrative account.
- Develops and updates content on the Research Services department intranet pages; works independently and coordinates with the IT department to maintain applications such as routing list request database.
- Develops and manages systems responsible for circulating current awareness materials throughout the firm.
- Oversees cataloging of print and electronic holdings firm wide.
- Assists Director with purchasing and licensing agreements by obtaining data from vendors, providing resource information and usage, etc.
- Builds and provides reports to assist in collection, renewal and budget analysis.
- Coordinates collection maintenance activities for the print collection including shifting, weeding.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Occasional travel may be required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to implement and support complex online technologies.
- Ability to quickly analyze and interpret information from a variety of sources, apply critical and creative thinking to draw conclusions or develop solutions to complex problems.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work in a dynamic and complex environment to meet deadlines and daily requirements.
- Demonstrated project management skills to effectively complete projects and to reach established goals and objectives in a timely and successful manner.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately accomplish extremely detailed work.
- Ability to lead others effectively in a team and collaborate within and across departments in a cooperative and friendly manner.
- Ability to keep updated on trends and developments in the industry.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with attorneys and firm staff.
- Ability to effectively supervise others.
The position requires a Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science or equivalent degree from an ALA accredited institution required.
The position requires a minimum of six (6) years of increasingly responsible, directly related experience during which knowledge, skills and abilities applicable to the position were demonstrated. Previous law firm experience preferred.