LAC Federal is seeking Library Technicians to work on-site at a major Federal library in the Washington, DC. We are seeking technicians to work in one of four technical service areas: accessioning of new acquisition, collections maintenance, serials bindery and preservation, and inventory management. Must show strong attention to detail and an ability work without direct supervision. Staff are need who can work nights and weekends.
- 6 months of prior experience working in a law library of over 500,000 volumes (preferred) or similar experience at any library
- Ability to follow detailed instructions and organize large quantities of materials
- Experience retrieving and refiling library materials according to the Library of Congress Classification System.
- Demonstrated experience in at least one of the four (4) library technical services areas (accessioning, collections maintenance, preservation, inventory control).
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed
- Preference will be given to applicants who are proficient in at least one foreign language and who are able transliterate using Romanization tables.
To apply, please visit: https://goo.gl/xxMVCd