LAC Group is seeking a Library Technician to work in a library at an agency in the Washington, DC area. The Technician will be responsible for circulation, serials check-in, interlibrary loan (ILL), and basic reference and research support. This is a full-time contract (40 hours a week; Monday to Friday) benefitted position that will continue for 3 months with the possibility of renewal.
- Circulation, interlibrary loan (ILL), routing of mail, and document delivery throughout the organization, loose-leaf filing and reference and research support.
- Support information center staff in special projects and collection maintenance as needed.
- Assist in providing instruction on the use of information center resources and in web content development for the website.
- A college degree from an accredited 4-year institution or an Associate degree with a minimum of three (3) years of recent library technician experience including ILL, serials control, circulation, and basic reference support.
- MLIS from an accredited institution preferred.
- Working knowledge/recent experience of basic library procedures related to circulation, serials control, interlibrary loan and disposal of library materials.
- Proficiency and practical experience in the use of PCs, Windows Office Suite, and Microsoft Outlook. This includes the ability to create/ update information on word processing systems and the ability to navigate content on Internet databases and business/research sites.
- Experience searching databases or working with business/international information preferred.
- Experience performing simple reference and research.
- Working knowledge of integrated library systems (ILS).
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple responsibilities while effectively prioritizing and balancing a heavy workload of diverse activities and maintaining the accuracy of work performed.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a fast-paced and highly automated environment.
- Attention to detail and accurate data entry skills.
- Ability to work within a framework of established policies and procedures.
- Consistent follow-through on all assignments, projects, and duties.
- Demonstrated knowledge of classification and filing systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to ask questions to clarify expectations.
- Problem-solving ability and initiative in troubleshooting where required.
To apply, please visit:https://lac.gp/31qRyiY