Zimmerman Associates, Inc. has an immediate need for a Library Technician in support of the NIH Library in Bethesda, Maryland. This is an administrative and entry-level library position that requires working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment for multiple clients.
The duties of the Library Technician include providing clerical support to several of the Library’s departments, including the Educational Services Branch, the Information Architecture Branch, and the Office of the Director.
- Supporting the clerical needs of the Education Services Branch such as coordinating vendor-led class logistics, where needed, and preparation of monthly reports documenting the NIH Library’s classes, webinars, and special events.
- On behalf of the Information Architecture Branch, developing the weekly Information Desk coverage schedule for customer consultations with Informationists and librarians.
- Providing specialized clerical support to the Office of the Director, such as coordinating for special events and guests.
- Daily pickup and distribution of mail for NIH Library staff daily as well as hand delivery of rush items to administrative building as needed.
- Presents updates at interdepartmental meetings
- Supports special projects, on an as-needed basis
- Proofreads in English
Qualifications and Skills:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Demonstrated ability to work equally well on a self-paced basis as well as in a collaborative, team-oriented setting
- Ability to organize and prioritize workloads and meet deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Careful attention to detail, and ability to take direction from staff members
- Excellent oral and written professional communication skills in English
- Bachelor’s degree
- U.S. Citizenshi
- Prior library experience (academic and special libraries preferred)
- Prior administrative experience