PAE is a leading provider of enduring support for the essential missions of the U.S. Government, its allied partners and international organizations. As it enters its 60th year of business, PAE’s current portfolio of service offerings includes capabilities in training, logistics, aviation support, facility operations and maintenance, range services, security solutions, information management and support services, litigation support and data analytics to support complex missions for customers around the world. Today, the approximately 15,000 members of our global workforce perform with excellence and dedication in approximately 60 countries, on all seven continents, in some of the world’s most challenging regions. We attribute our success to the quality of our work and the integrity and high ethical standards that define our business operations. PAE is headquartered in Arlington, Va.
The Library Technician (Information Specialist II) assists staff and patrons by pulling material from the library, from inventory, and from online. This position provides front desk support including assisting patrons with submitting information requests, logging into library databases, password assistance. The IS II also provides support services for the Librarian IV and Information Specialist V library roles.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Perform front-desk activities, including circulation control, and timely and accurate response to reference and research questions;
- Develop and recommend new reference services;
- Identify, develop, recommend and promote targeted research materials to four specialty professions (economists, attorneys, engineers and analysts) within the Commission;
- Perform on-site maintenance of the print and electronic collections and the online catalog;
- Identify, recommend and support the acquisition of new collection materials and providing awareness of new acquisitions; and
- Manage and maintain, including system administration of, the e-Library and the ILS.
- Must be a US Citizen and able to obtain a security clearance.
- One (1) year of progressive technical and information resources management experience in technical areas required for the task assignments.
- Library experience and some post high-school education preferred.