LAC Federal is seeking a Library Technician to work at a Federal Agency information center in the Washington, DC area. The Technician will be responsible for circulation control, serial check and control function, inter-library loan (ILL), routing of mail and document delivery throughout that organization, loose-leaf filing and basic reference and research support. This is a full time contract (40 hour a week; Monday to Friday) benefited position.
- Responsible for circulation control, serial check and control function, inter-library loan (ILL), routing of mail and document delivery throughout that organization, loose-leaf filing and basic reference and research support.
- As needed, support information center staff in special project and other areas of collection maintenance.
- Assist in providing instruction on the use of the Library resources and in web content development for the Library’s web site.
- A college degree from an accredited 4-year institution or an Associate degree with a minimum of three (3) years recent library technician experience including ILL, serials control, circulation and basic reference support.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of library integrated systems (lLS).
- Requires working knowledge /recent experience of basic and well—established library procedures related to circulation, serials control, later-library loan and disposal of library materials
- Proficiency and practical experience in the use of PCs, Windows Office Suite and Microsoft Outlook. Basic computer skills, including the ability to create/ update information on word processing systems and the ability to navigate content on Internet databases and business/research sites.
- Effectively manages all tasks in his/her area of responsibility.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple responsibilities while effectively prioritizing and balancing a heavy workload of diverse activities and maintaining accuracy of work performed.
- Ability to independently plan and carry out the successive steps to complete duties within area of assigned ongoing responsibilities
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively, independently. and cooperatively in a fast-paced and highly automated environment
- Must consistently begin their workday at the specified time.
- Strong personal commitment to managing the defined tasks and functional requirements in area of responsibility is expected
- Attention to detail and accurate data entry skills.
- Ability to work within a framework of established policies and procedures
- Following through on all assignments, projects, and duties
- Ability to ask questions to clarify expectations
- Demonstrated knowledge of classification and filing systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Typing 45-55 wpm with 95% accuracy
Please apply online at: https://goo.gl/TGxbGT
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including Fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions, National Libraries and prominent government agencies.