LAC Group is seeking a number of experienced Library Technicians for a contract within a prestigious federal library in Bethesda, Maryland. Each Technician will support a unique task area in collection management and collection reformatting. These are long-term, full-time (40 hours a week; Monday to Friday) benefited contract opportunities.
Responsibilities will include a combination of the following tasks:
- Serials binding preparation
- Collection Maintenance under direction of a supervisor
- Shelf read a large collection to ensure call number order
- Maintain records in an Integrated Library System (ILS)
- Shift collections as directed
- Select, gather, track, and prepare source materials for scanning
- Inventory source materials
- Ship and receive source materials scanned or copied offsite
- Scan source materials
- Process images and metadata
- Perform QA/QC on images and metadata
- Review the condition of source materials after scanning or copying, send for repair, if needed, and return to the collection
- Other tasks and special projects as assigned
- One year of recent experience in library services including interpreting bibliographic data elements and searching and updating bibliographic, holdings, and items records in online environments.
- One year of recent experience preparing library materials for reformatting, scanning library materials, processing images, or performing QA/QC on images and metadata.
- One year of experience with performing tasks such as shelving, shifting, inventory, and rehousing fragile materials.
- Experience preparing materials for binding preferred
- Ability to work independently without significant supervision while following detailed
- instructions for processing records
- Demonstrated organization and attention to detail in a work environment
- Experience in a science or health library preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to pass a background check
To apply, please visit: https://lac.gp/3gGMxcl