LAC Federal seeks a dynamic and experienced Library Team Lead to join a contract supporting the knowledge repository of a well-known governmental organization focused on international development located in Washington, D.C. The repository supports the full spectrum of the organization’s knowledge needs with a library, self-directed learning center, publications archive, technical reports, and evaluations, research staff and knowledge management services.
This position will supervise contract personnel in the library, provide outreach to all internal bureaus, and provide reference services. These services are integral to providing agency staff, contractors, other agencies, and the public with access to information. This individual will work onsite, be responsible for scheduling, ensuring overall quality control of work, and delivering timely services performed by library employees. This is a full-time, 40 hour per week, fully benefited position and is an excellent opportunity for an information professional with library management experience. You MUST be a US Citizen in order to be considered for this opportunity.
- Oversee all aspects of the library, including maintenance of the integrated library system (ILS), cataloging and processing materials, interlibrary loan operations, collection development, and weeding the collection.
- Manage acquisitions and at the direction of the government, place orders for selected library resources from specified vendors. Oversee organization of library resources, including print materials, subscriptions to e-journals, commercial databases and library software; approve invoices for these purchases, as well as interlibrary loans. Evaluate new e-resources and negotiate contracts with external vendors.
- Hire, train and manage Library and Learning Resources Center staff; conduct annual performance reviews in a timely manner. Provide administrative direction for all LAC employees on the contract and approve time sheets.
- Plan and manage projects, including software implementation, needs assessments, database launches, strategic planning exercises, and special events.
- Support division and project strategic planning for the library and Self-Directed Learning Center. Plan and oversee the implementation of all changes.
- Plan and manage projects, including special events, software implementation, customer surveys, and e-resource launches and report weekly on progress.
- Continually monitor and report on performance and progress using metrics for usage, demand, quality, and impact of library services.
- Lead outreach initiatives to promote the use of library services, such as new employee orientations, office presentations, and personalized consultations. Update library promotional materials and request forms.
- Stay abreast of the information needs and trends within the areas of foreign assistance and economic development, as well as trends in library and information science and related technology.
- Provide ready reference, research and information discovery services for Agency staff and partners, manage collection development and maintenance, and maintain electronic resources and Library supported web sites.
- Respond to reference questions about KSC services, the Agency, and international development topics through regular duty at the reference desk and by responding to virtual information requests using a wide variety of databases including Nexis, EBSCO, Business Monitor Online, World Bank e-Library and others.
- Master’s degree in Library/Information Science from an institution accredited by the American Library Association;
- 10 years of library management experience, including supervisory experience; project management experience;
- Demonstrate a broad cross-section of library science expertise and have a proven record of success in applying skills and expertise in a major library setting, particularly within the federal government;
- Ability to recommend items for withdrawal, or new library resources to update the collection or fill knowledge gaps within the collection as needed;
- Experience in the use of library related information technology; ILS, Google and MS Office applications; web-based content management systems; mobile and e-Reader technologies
- Ability to work in a team environment with federal staff, contractors as well as independently;
- Knowledge of international development and foreign assistance programs and familiarity with print materials, e-resources and websites in the international development field.
- Demonstrated skills in: database searching, ILS administration, e-resource evaluation and training;
- Strong organizational, planning and communication skills;
- U.S. citizenship required; Secret clearance desirable.
Please apply online at: https://goo.gl/b8eqn4
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including Fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions, National Libraries and prominent government agencies