ASRC Federal Mission Services, a subsidiary of ASRC Federal, is seeking a Library Systems Specialist to support our on-going programs at the EPA.
ASRC Federal Mission Services holds a nationwide contract for library and records management services with the U. S. Environmental Protection Agency. ASRC librarians, records managers and support staff collect, organize and maintain library and records materials; assist EPA and external customers with document delivery/ILL, reference and research services, etc.
- Support, maintain, develop, upgrade, and troubleshoot library systems, including the Online Library System (OLS), the Library Network’s National Library Catalog, and accompanying operations modules for Circulation and Serials Management.
- Work closely the TOCOR/ATOCOR, system owners, system POCs, the OLS Work Group, and librarians in the EPA National Library Network to respond to requests for assistance, to provide reports, ad-hoc requests for data, as well as training on each aspect of the OLS and other library systems and resources.
- Respond to administrative and technical inquiries in a timely manner. Provide reports and statistics which are complete, concise, accurate, and delivered in a timely manner.
- Design and develop new applications and redesign and maintain existing applications in support of the EPA National Library Network operations. This may include database design, Web development, testing, documentation, implementation, training, day-to-day operations, data entry, security, user support, and knowledge of Section 508 regulations.
- Provide input on library resource acquisition, manage the deployment of complex library systems and participate in the development of procedures.
Master’s degree in information management/computer science, with four (4) years of experience, or a Bachelor’s degree in information management/computer science or related field with seven (7) years in experience in program development and maintenance in off-the-shelf, customization, new development, database management and/or records management software such as dBase V, InMagic, Advance Revelation, Documentum, Adobe Acrobat, FoxPro, Excel, Versatile, Trim, Provenance, HTML Editor, ZyImage and experience with the Internet/Intranet and web site management,
OR a Bachelor’s degree in information management/computer science, with seven (7) years of experience in the use of the types of software (similar) as listed above and experience with the Internet/Intranet web site management.