The Library Services Manager oversees efforts related to the development of an overall strategy for research and information literacy instruction and services for patrons. The position develops and implements an overall University patron centric strategy for supporting online research. This includes leading strategy and development of instruction for how students access and use the online library for research. The Library Services Manager works with academics and operations teams to ensure research and information literacy instruction and services are in alignment with stakeholder needs. Identify and embed assessment practices and data analytics to drive positive patron outcomes.
** THIS IS A REMOTE POSITION**
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Drives strategy for research and information literacy instruction services across the university to ensure they are appropriate and effective for our students.
- Oversees the development and implementation of research and information literacy instruction for students, including virtual and on ground modalities and live, self-paced, or recorded sessions.
- Oversees the development and implementation of staff and faculty training related to research and information literacy.
- Ensures that research and information literacy instruction services align with course- program- and employability needs through collaboration with Strayer University and Strategic Education Inc teams.
- Identifies opportunities and strategies to incorporate career-relevancy into research and information literacy services.
- Identifies opportunities to improve student’s return on investment by ensuring research and information literacy services support academic success.
- Serves as a thought leader for the continuous improvement of research and information literacy services for online adult learners.
- Stays engaged with industry trends.
- Works cross-functionally with all university stakeholders, including programs, faculty, field teams, institutional insights, and operations.
- Participates in institutional research and outcomes assessment activities to include information literacy.
- Reviews and analyses library strategic and operational plans and works with University Librarian and Library team to modify and improve process and planning documents.
- Coordinates Library research services outreach efforts to include training, promotional efforts, and liaising with various university departments and constituencies.
- Collaborate with other library team members to identify opportunities to improve student learning.
- Other initiatives as assigned.
- Exhibit sound judgment and accountability in making decisions
- Strong networking and active listening skills
- Excellent communication, presentation, and persuasive skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent computer skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Smartsheet, Slack, Windows and VDI environments etc.)
- Ability to be proactive, work with urgency, and find efficiencies
- Ability to read, understand, and communicate ACRL Framework for Information Literacy
- Ability to work under minimal supervision to meet deadlines, manage multiple tasks, and prioritize duties
- Ability to create learning objects to support patron needs, such as LibGuides, tutorials, handouts, videos
- Ability to use Springshare products at editor and admin levels
- Ability to collect and analyze data using technology, such as, Qualtrics, Tableau, Power BI, or Excel
- 3+ years’ experience developing strategies and programs for student centric research services for a University wide initiative in higher education required
- 3+ years’ experience in creating innovative research services using a variety of modalities required
- 3+ years’ experience in developing online research services for adult learners required
- Master’s degree from a program accredited by the American Library Association required
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in one of Strayer’s undergraduate majors, such as, Criminal Justice, Business, or Information Technology required
Certificates, licenses and registrations:
- Must be able to travel 25% of time.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Typical office setting.
- Mobility within the office including movement from floor to floor.
- Travel via plane, car, and metro may be required to perform this job.
- Must be able to work more than 40 hours per week when business needs warrant
- Access information using a computer.
- Effectively communicate, both up and down the management chain.
- Effectively cope with stressful situations
- Strong mental acuity
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality are essential functions of this job.
- Other essential functions and marginal job functions are subject to modification.