Library Projects Assistant(Full-Time)
The office of Library Programs at the Fred W. Smith National Library for the Study of George Washington at Mount Vernon provides substantive learning opportunities for a wide variety of audiences. Through a diverse portfolio of publications and programs, we deliver the Association’s mandate to encourage scholarship while educating the widest public audience about the life and legacy of George Washington.
- Provide reliable administrative and logistical support to the Director of Library Programs, including scheduling Library meeting rooms and DeVos Scholars’ Residence; organizing travel; processing payables; credit card reconciliation; and assisting with the Library budget process.
- Assist the Director of Library Programs with writing, editing, and the development of content for a variety of publications, including brochures, books, and the web.
- Provide staff support for a wide variety of public and private events at the Library. Work closely with Mount Vernon’s central events office to facilitate logistics and support services when needed.
- Assist the Director of Library Programs with administering the Library’s fellowship program, including support of the fellows’ experience at Mount Vernon, and seamless management of the DeVos Scholars’ Residence.
- General office administration, including ordering of supplies and overseeing service work requests.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, written, and clerical skills required.
- Must be completely proficient with Microsoft Office programs.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, responsible, punctual, personable, and able to work well under pressure.
- Ability to work creatively and effectively as a member of a team is mandatory.
- Must work occasional weekends and evenings.
- Experience with web design, use of AV technology, and development of digital content for web audiences.
TO APPLY, CLICK HERE: http://goo.gl/ImN1TZ
Mount Vernon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.